If you don’t plan on going trick-or-treating this year, then here are 5 fun ways you can spend your night around the Houston area.
- Go to a local haunted house: There are a variety of haunted houses such as: Phobia Haunted Houses, Houston Scream Fest, Nightmare on the Bayou, Houston Terror Dome Haunted House, Scream World, The Haunted Trails, The Kingwood Asylum And Haunted Grounds, REDRUM Haunted House, Spring Ghost Tour, Dungeon of Doom Haunted House…etc
- Throw a house party: Instead of running around outdoors egging people’s houses, invite your family, friends, or neighborhood indoors to dance the night away and have a Halloween or costume party. Don’t forget to tell your guest to dress up!
- Scary movie marathon: You can prepare a movie night with a significant other, friends, or even family by picking out tons of movies to watch the entire night. Netflix even has a new Halloween movie themed category.
- Go to an outdoor theater and watch movies: Sit outdoors and watch a movie, Night of the Living Dead, at Miller Outdoor Theater on Halloween night at 7:30pm. (Theater suggest it is not recommended for kids under the age of 13)
- Last but not least, Backyard Camping: A backyard campout can keep you busy all night long. Invite some neighbors, family or friends and have a good time around a campfire. Gather up some sleeping bags, s’mores, hot dogs and of course, a few ghost stories to read around the fire.